Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Shaven Haven Vs Lady Garden



Happy Wednesday, sexies!

I've just recieved shock news from a friend, who informs me that trends are shifting and pubic hair is making a comeback!

I know, it's always been there and most of us just choose to keep it at bay with our razors.  It now turns out that we should be throwing away our trusty Gillettes and embracing the hair down there, in favour of a more grown over, earthy look!

I can't say that i'm about to jump on board the bandwagon in the immediate future and return to the way nature intended it.  I don't mind telling you that it's not an idea that is likely to grow on me either.

I recently read an article in which Cameron Diaz was quoted as saying, getting rid of pubic hair is like saying you don't need your nose!  WTF, Cameron? The saying 'not just a pretty face' does not apply here, it's hardly the same thing now, is it?  Common sense tells you you'd have a pretty hard time without a nose, but what real purpose does pubic hair serve? 

Apparently it is there to act as 'cushioning' (against what I'm not entirely sure?) and prevent infection.  Now, as much as I see the reason for sporting a light smattering for the latter (although personally I've never suffered), I'm very sorry, but you won't find me walking around with a voluminous topiary shrouding my modesty, be it for cushioning or otherwise!

I'm afraid it's a definite no no from a vanity perspective for me.  I myself feel much more comfortable and hygienic when the garden is tidy and prefer not to let it become overgrown. There's nothing more embarrassing than going on holiday, dropping your sarong at the beach, then feeling that pang of horror when you realise that you forgot to tidy your borders.  You are then forced to remain covered up for the duration of the day, to conceal the Brillo Pad style thickets that are escaping involuntarliy from the side of your bikini bottoms!

I also have to ask the question, is pubic hair really that attractive to look at? I suppose if you are talking about a neat landing strip then to me that's ok, but I'm really not sure I would want to go down on something that bears resemblance to a salavating woodland animal, or what some may refer to as a hairy growler!

These days, even men are deciding they don't wish to be caught by the fuzz and are proudly manscaping, getting as a close as they dare get with a dangerously sharp blade.  I have to say I'm totally in favour of the new improved, smoother man.  Let's face it, ladies got the better deal in terms of design in the genital department, so a little penis preening can make the area much more inviting to work with, although I'm sure the same can be said for womens bits too! Surely no man wants to return to the dark days of foraging through his lover's dense undergrowth, like celebrity botanist David Bellamy, in search of her elusive bud!

Then there's the economy issue.  Over the last few years, beauty salons have been overrun with demands for waxing.   Brazilians, Hollywoods and vajazzles (totally pointless in my opinion); all popular ways of tidying up our wayward bikini lines.  Just think how much quieter a beauty therapist's day would be, should we suddenly decided to grow our lady gardens! Their wage packets would suffer considerably, I'm sure.

Regardless of public opinion and trends, I know I won't be taking a step back in time and opting for the DLT look (a rather hairy 80's DJ in the UK for those of you who didn't already know); less is more in my opinion, the smoother the better!  

XxX

No comments:

Post a Comment