Tuesday, June 25, 2013

The curious mind of Angel Gone Bad...

 So...its been a little over two months since I took the plunge and set up my blog...how the time flies huh?! 

That must surely mean I'm having lots of fun right? Well...maybe not as much I'd like, but unfortunately that's life I suppose, and real life has to take precedence over the fun stuff.  Ultimately, juggling family life and work, amongst other things, means that I haven't been very prolific with my writing lately... The ideas are there for sure, but finding the time to throw them down on paper is not always as easy one would like it to be.... Needless to say I'm continuously on the look out for new story ideas, and it actually amazes me how the simplest of things can spark an idea for a plot these days!

 I recently took a long distance train journey to visit some relatives.  When purchasing my ticket at the train station, I was served by a very pleasant and chatty man, who seemed very interested to know the nature of my trip.  In the short time we were in each others company, we engaged in pleasant banter, quite the conversationist I thought to myself.  As he took my payment, I noticed him writing something down, but didn't really pay that much attention to what it was.   He handed me my tickets and receipt, wished me a good day, and off I went to catch my train, thinking to myself how its a shame more shop assistants couldn't excersise such great customer service skills.  I didn't give him much thought after that, until the ticket inspector came around to check tickets.  As I pulled my ticket out of my purse, the receipt fell onto the floor.  When I picked it up, it was then I noticed that in the top right hand corner he had drawn a smiley face, with a kiss next to it.  Funny how something so simple can bring a smile to your face, but also make your mind work over time too!  I suddenly found myself trying to recall what he looked like, how old he was, what he was wearing, he wasn't bad to look at, although he hadn't seemed that special at the time.  I also wondered what the meaning of it was.  Was it something he did for every passenger to brighten their day? Or was this his way of trying to connect with me? Had I in some way acted flirtatiously towards him, prompting him to make such a gesture? What if it had been a phone number? Although giving me his phone number would have been regarded as being most unprofessional.  How would I have responded if he had? Would curiosity have gotten the better of me, and cause me to call the number? what could have happened if I did?. My wicked mind went into overdrive.  I guess its something I will never know, but it did leave me with tremendous sense of wonder, and a very naughty idea for a story....hmmmmm...

If you have a fantasy that you would like to see put into words, feel free to contact me with all of the naughty details at iamangelgonebad@gmail.co.uk and I will happily turn it into a short story, and post it here on my blog xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment